Mackerel & Asparagus Medley with Roasted Lemons
Herby asparagus, tangy tomatoes, citrus-y roasted lemons, and succulent, mild, skinless and boneless mackerel like no other. A winner of a dinner!
- 1 can King Oscar Mackerel Fillets Mediterranean Style, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into thirds
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1-2 tsp fresh chopped thyme, or 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, onion, garlic, lemon quarters, tomatoes, and thyme. Toss frequently until asparagus and lemon are just starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add capers and chunked mackerel. Cover skillet for 2 minutes to allow final ingredients to warm.
- Serve garnished with shaved Parmesan.
ROYAL HINTS Try serving over a bed of grains, rice, or beans.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: