Asian Noodle Salad with Mackerel
Get ready for the fusion of Asian flavors and the mild taste of North Atlantic mackerel. A delicious way to get your protein and omega-3s!
- 2 cans King Oscar Mackerel Fillets in Olive Oil (reserve oil)
- 12 oz vermicelli noodles (can substitute thin spaghetti noodles)
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2-3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2-3 stalks green onions, whites and greens, thinly sliced on bias
- 1-2 Fresno chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional)
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Reserved oil from mackerel can + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely minced
- 2 tsp sugar
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Add all dressing ingredients into jar with tight-fitting lid, seal and shake until mixed well and emulsified. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions, al dente.
- Drain noodles well and add to mixing bowl.
- Pour half the prepared dressing over noodles and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until noodles are chilled.
- Prepare all fresh vegetables and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss noodles with remaining dressing, fresh vegetables, and mackerel. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: