Personal Information includes anything that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
While you have visited our website and interacted with us, we may have collected the following Categories of Personal Information from you in the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers – including but not limited to real name, alias or social media name or handle, unique personal identifier, online identifier, postal address, email address, home and/or cellular telephone number, Internet Protocol address.
- Internet or other similar network activity – search terms and history, browsing history, interactions with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data – we perform geolocation targeting for advertising purposes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION SOURCES
We may gather the types of personal information outlined above in the following ways:
- Directly from you – We collect Personal Information that you may directly provide to us at your discretion, whether through our website, social media channels, voluntary surveys, or other direct contact method.
- Website cookies and/or other automated technologies – We may collect Personal Information from you through the use of various cookies and other automated website technologies, including action tags or web beacons, that help us understand how visitors use our site and that enable us to provide a better website experience. If you wish to opt out of this type of information collection, you can modify your browser settings and preferences to refuse, disable, or remove cookies. Please see additional information below concerning your options under sections titled “Your Rights & Choices” and “Exercising Your Rights.”
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose Personal Information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Send you information and respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- Troubleshoot a problem you have experienced and reported with one of our products, provide you with appropriate customer service, and keep a record of our correspondence.
- Assign you to the appropriate customer service representative (based on your country information) for personal contact.
- Administer contests, give-aways, and promotions.
- Send you our newsletter, provide you with updates about current and future products, or to notify you of an event.
- Respond to employment inquiries we may receive.
- To feature on our website or social media accounts your testimonials or stories concerning your interactions with our products and company.
- Administer voluntary research surveys.
- Provide you with customized, relevant advertisements, content, and information.
- Ensure that we present our website content in the most effective manner for you, your computer, and your preferences.
- Administer our website and conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical analysis, site behavior analysis, testing, security, and fraud detection.
- Improve our website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Notify you about changes to our website, products, or services.
- To comply with any applicable law enforcement requests, court orders, or government regulations.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. Examples might include but are not limited to issuing our newsletter, conducting website analytics, or assisting us with promotional and marketing activities.
SELLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do NOT sell your Personal Information and would obtain your consent before ever doing so. In the event our company is ever acquired by another company who intends to sell your information, that company will be required to disclose their intentions and give you the opportunity to opt out.
YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access and Data Portability Rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the last 12 months. Once we have received and confirmed your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The sources of that Personal Information.
- Our business purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we collected from you (also called a data portability report).
Deletion Request Rights.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected and retained about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we have received and confirmed your verifiable request, we will delete your personal data as requested, or direct our service providers to do so, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if your Personal Information is necessary to be maintained by us or our service provider to:
- Complete transactions with you that you have already requested or that we believe we are obligated to complete.
- Allow us to exercise our contractual or other legal rights.
- Avoid damage to IT systems in which the Personal Information is stored.
- Detect or investigate a potential or actual breach of information security or protect ourselves from malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activities, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with an applicable law, regulation, or law enforcement request.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise your access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either of the two following methods:
- Email your request to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your request via the USPS to:
King Oscar, Inc.
3838 Camino Del Rio North, Suite #115
San Diego, CA 92108
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State whom you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing & Format.
We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing via email if you have provided us with your email address. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of a verifiable consumer request. If applicable, our response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will explain our decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you, deny you goods or services, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
King Oscar, Inc.
3838 Camino Del Rio North, #115
San Diego, CA 92108 USA
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. The date this Privacy Notice was last updated is identified at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the King Oscar website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
LAST UPDATED: MAY 2, 2020