Fettuccine Pasta with Sardines
There are a number of classic recipes for “pasta con le sarde.” This is His Majesty’s favorite. We think you are going to love it too. Easy, zesty, molto delizioso!
- 2 cans King Oscar Sardines with Cracked Pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine or thick spaghetti
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, from toasted bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil, reserved from can
- Cracked pepper, reserved from can
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- Brown the breadcrumbs over medium heat in a tablespoon of the reserved olive oil, stirring frequently, 3-5 minutes, then remove.
- Add remaining oil, sardines, capers and lemon zest to pan, sprinkle with cracked pepper and salt to taste.
- Stir gently until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, breadcrumbs and parsley to the mixture and gently combine.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: