Lunch, dinner, or party appetizer – this sardine flatbread does it all. Go as simple or as fancy as you like with your toppings. Try adding chopped red onion or artichoke hearts for a special taste sensation!
- 1 can King Oscar Skinless & Boneless Spanish Style Sardines, drained, oil reserved
- 1 prepared flatbread or pizza crust, about 12” diameter
- 8 oz prepared olive tapenade
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 1 oz Manchego or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Lemon zest and chopped parsley, optional
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush flatbread with reserved sardine oil, then spread with a thin layer of tapenade.
- Layer vegetables thinly over flatbread. Top with chunked sardine fillets. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake assembled flatbread on a nonstick cooking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Top with optional lemon zest and parsley and slice into desired serving sizes.
- Serve immediately.
ROYAL HINTS Cut flatbread into smaller sizes and serve as an appetizer. Try with your favorite King Oscar Sardines for a variety of taste sensations!
SHARE THIS RECIPE:
TRY THESE RECIPES
Add some royal seafood to that Mexican-style tomato and creamy avocado salad for some easy and delicious cha-cha-cha!
Treat your taste buds right by adding some delicate and mild brisling sardines, tart dried cranberries, crisp apples, and peppery radishes to that kale salad!
A Mediterranean classic meets the Norwegian fjords. Lush, ripe tomatoes, soft mozzarella cheese, your KO favorites, and tangy pesto sauce!