Spicy Sardine Gazpacho
Gazpachos are cold tomato-based soups originating from the southern Spanish region of Andalusia. Our recipe is a snap, thanks to the Jalapeño Pepper Sardines. Best served cold, so chill in your refrigerator after whipping up this unique light soup.
- 2 cans King Oscar Sardines with Jalapeño Peppers
- 5 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 sweet yellow bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper
- Jalapeño peppers reserved from cans
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil, including oil reserved from cans
- 5 cups tomato juice
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Mix together tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, jalapeño peppers and garlic in a large bowl.
- Pour in olive oil, tomato juice and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Purée half the soup in a food processor or blender, then stir back into the un-puréed half.
- Season with cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, stir in the sardines and avocado.
- Garnish with sardine and fresh jalapeño slice on skewer.
SHARE THIS RECIPE:
TRY THESE RECIPES
Add some royal seafood to that Mexican-style tomato and creamy avocado salad for some easy and delicious cha-cha-cha!
Treat your taste buds right by adding some delicate and mild brisling sardines, tart dried cranberries, crisp apples, and peppery radishes to that kale salad!
A Mediterranean classic meets the Norwegian fjords. Lush, ripe tomatoes, soft mozzarella cheese, your KO favorites, and tangy pesto sauce!