Sushi has gone mainstream. And now this Japanese cuisine favorite gets a Norwegian twist. Sardine sushi makes a delicious and nutritious light dinner. Perfect as an appetizer too!
2 cans King Oscar Sardines in Olive Oil or Soybean Oil, drained
345g short grain rice
45ml distilled wine vinegar
4 sheets Japanese nori (dried seaweed wrap)
Julienned vegetables (carrots, green onion, cucumbers)
Here's what you do...
- 1 Cook rice according to package instructions.
- 2 Dissolve sugar in vinegar, stir into hot rice.
- 3 Spread rice on cookie sheet and allow to cool completely.
- 4 Place nori sheet shiny side down on sushi mat. Spread one-quarter of rice evenly over nori, leaving 2.5cm margin at top edge.
- 5 Arrange layers of sardines and vegetables across center of rice parallel to top edge.
- 6 Form sushi roll with mat, moisten nori margin, seal roll.
- 7 With wet knife, slice into 2.5cm rounds.
- 8 Repeat with remaining nori and filling.