Sushi has gone mainstream. And now this Japanese cuisine favorite gets a Norwegian twist. Sardine sushi makes a delicious and nutritious light dinner. Perfect as an appetizer too!
- 2 cans King Oscar Sardines in Olive Oil, drained
- 345g short grain rice
- 10g sugar
- 45ml distilled wine vinegar
- 4 sheets Japanese nori (dried seaweed wrap)
- Julienned vegetables (carrots, green onion, cucumbers)
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar, stir into hot rice.
- Spread rice on cookie sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Place nori sheet shiny side down on sushi mat. Spread one-quarter of rice evenly over nori, leaving 2.5cm margin at top edge.
- Arrange layers of sardines and vegetables across center of rice parallel to top edge.
- Form sushi roll with mat, moisten nori margin, seal roll.
- With wet knife, slice into 1” rounds.
- Repeat with remaining nori and filling.
ROYAL HINTS Cook and cool your rice in advance so you can get right down to rolling and eating!
SHARE THIS RECIPE: