Sardine Fish Tacos with Fruit Salsa
This has to be the easiest way to make the best fish tacos ever! Thanks to King Oscar’s Sardines with Hot Jalapeño Peppers, your culinary trip to Mexico starts about as fast as you can open a can of sardines.
- 1 can King Oscar Sardines with Jalapeño Peppers, drained
- 8 taco shells or small corn tortillas (4-5” diameter)
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans
- 1 cup green and purple cabbage, shredded
- Jalapeño peppers, reserved from can
- 2 tsp olive oil, reserved from can
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced watermelon, optional
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger, optional
2 (4 tacos)
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Combine salsa ingredients, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the beans.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, gently combine cabbage, jalapeño peppers, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Fill taco shells or tortillas with beans, top with slaw mixture, then sardines, then salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro.
ROYAL HINTS Try topping each taco with a dollop of low-fat sour cream.
SHARE THIS RECIPE:
TRY THESE RECIPES
Add some royal seafood to that Mexican-style tomato and creamy avocado salad for some easy and delicious cha-cha-cha!
Treat your taste buds right by adding some delicate and mild brisling sardines, tart dried cranberries, crisp apples, and peppery radishes to that kale salad!
A Mediterranean classic meets the Norwegian fjords. Lush, ripe tomatoes, soft mozzarella cheese, your KO favorites, and tangy pesto sauce!