Potato Salad with Sardines
Comfort food with a Norwegian twist. The Cracked Pepper Sardines give this recipe delicious, aromatic punch. But you can also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean Style, or Mustard Sardines to suit your taste.
- 1 can King Oscar Sardines with Cracked Pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow and red potatoes
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp salted capers, well rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Cracked pepper reserved from can
- 1/4 cup olive oil, including oil reserved from can
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Cook potatoes until tender. Drain and let cool enough to handle.
- Peel and cube potatoes, place into mixing bowl.
- Add the peas, onion, olives, capers, parsley, red pepper, and cracked pepper.
- Pour in oil, lemon juice and vinegar. Season to taste with salt
- Toss gently.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Add sardines, let sit for 30 minutes, serve at room temperature.
ROYAL HINTS Try adding sliced boiled egg along with the sardines, simply delicious with the cracked pepper flavor!
SHARE THIS RECIPE: