Kale Sardine Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Treat your taste buds right by adding some delicate and mild brisling sardines, tart dried cranberries, crisp apples, and peppery radishes to that kale salad!
- 1 can King Oscar Brisling Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon, drained
- 8 oz kale leaves, ribs removed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 medium crisp apple, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 red radishes, sliced into half-moons
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts of choice (pine, pecan, walnut, pistachio, etc)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a cruet and reserve.
- Roll kale leaves and slice into thin ribbons, then chop into smaller pieces, place into large salad bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Massage kale to soften, until leaves become darker. Add cranberries, apple, and radishes. Shake cruet to combine dressing, add half to salad bowl and toss to coat ingredients.
- Portion salad out onto plates or bowls. Top each portion with 3-6 sardines, then sprinkle with goat cheese and nuts. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: