Caprese Pesto Salad with Brisling Sardines
A Mediterranean classic meets the Norwegian fjords. Lush, ripe tomatoes, soft mozzarella cheese, your KO favorites, and tangy pesto sauce!
- 1 can King Oscar Brisling Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drained
- 1 lb of assorted ripe tomatoes (your favorite varieties)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese (in large balls)
- 6-8 large basil leaves
- 5 oz prepared pesto (approximately)
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Core tomatoes and slice across the equator into thick slices. Slice mozzarella balls in 1/4”-thick rounds.
- Alternate tomato and cheese slices decoratively on serving platter. Insert basil leaves between tomatoes and cheese, or chop and sprinkle over.
- Gently place sardines as appropriate on platter.
- Lightly drizzle with pesto and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: