There are a number of classic recipes for “pasta con le sarde.” This is His Majesty’s favorite. We think you are going to love it too. Easy, zesty, molto delizioso!
2 cans King Oscar Sardines with Cracked Pepper
1 pound fettuccini or thick spaghetti
1/2 cup breadcrumbs, from toasted bread
2 tbsp olive oil, reserved from can
Cracked pepper, reserved from can
2 tbsp drained capers
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Here's what you do...
- 1 Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- 2 Brown the breadcrumbs over medium heat in a tablespoon of the reserved olive oil, stirring frequently, 3-5 minutes, then remove.
- 3 Add remaining oil, sardines, capers and lemon zest to pan, sprinkle with cracked pepper and salt to taste.
- 4 Stir gently until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 5 Add pasta, breadcrumbs and parsley to the mixture and gently combine.
- 6 Garnish with fresh basil.