Craving something on the exotic side? Treat your taste buds to the tropical flavors of this Thai-inspired rice salad. Makes the perfect light and nutritious meal.
1 can King Oscar Sardines with Jalapeño Peppers
1-1/2 cups Basmati or jasmine rice
1 cup chopped mango
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup salted and roasted peanuts, chopped
Olive oil and jalapeño peppers, reserved from can
3 tbsp rice vinegar
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper
1 fresh jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
Here's what you do...
- 1 Cook rice according to package instructions, then rinse under cold water, drain.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix rice, mango, cucumber, scallions, cilantro, peanuts, and jalapeños from can.
- 3 Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Gently stir all together and add sardines to combine.
- 5 Garnish with thinly sliced fresh jalapeño pepper and crushed peanuts.