Warm Potato & Green Bean Salad with Mackerel
New potatoes, crunchy, fresh green beans, and mild mackerel. Easy to prepare and delicious served warm or cool!
- 2 cans King Oscar Mackerel Fillets in Olive Oil with Lemon (reserve oil)
- 2 lbs small new potatoes, peel on, scrubbed and halved
- 8 oz red radishes, ends and stems trimmed and halved
- 8 oz green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- Salt to taste
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Reserved oil from mackerel can + 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated or pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large, rimmed baking sheet, place halved potatoes and radishes. Toss together with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt.
- Roast for approximately 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are brown on edges and fork-tender. Shake pan halfway through for even cooking.
- While potatoes and radishes are cooking, bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add trimmed green beans to boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes. Scoop out immediately and drop into bowl of ice water. Once cooled, drain in colander and set aside.
- To make dressing, combine champagne vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in non-reactive bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly stream in reserved oil from mackerel and additional olive oil while whisking vigorously.
- When ready, remove potatoes and radishes from oven. While still hot, add green beans, mackerel fillets, and half crushed pink peppercorns to baking sheet. Pour half the dressing over everything and gently toss together until evenly coated.
- Transfer to large platter. Garnish with remaining crushed pink peppercorns, freshly chopped parsley, and fresh lemon wedges. Serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: