“Tuna-Style” Mackerel Salad Sandwich
Add a new twist to one of your lunchtime favorites! This sandwich will change the way you think about mackerel. Fast, easy, rich in protein, and a delicious way to get your Omega-3s.
- 1 can King Oscar Mackerel Fillets in Olive Oil, drained, oil reserved
- 2 slices artisan sandwich bread – your favorite variety
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 scallion, sliced, including whites
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, sliced
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mackerel salad ingredients.
- Add reserved oil to loosen mixture, if desired.
- Assemble sandwich with mackerel salad, lettuce, and tomato.
ROYAL HINTS Serve with chips and a pickle. Light and moist, King Oscar mackerel is the perfect tuna substitute!
SHARE THIS RECIPE: