Tuna Street Tacos
You are standing at the intersection of indulgent tuna perfection and simple Tijuana street food. Give your taste buds the green light!
- 1 jar King Oscar Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Jalapeño Peppers
- 4 street taco size corn tortillas (about 4.5” diameter)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cotija cheese
- Smoked paprika
- Small bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced whites and greens
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp lime juice (about 1-1/2 limes)
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt to taste
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Add all ingredients for avocado lime crema into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside in a bowl or jar, cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
- Finely shred green and purple cabbage and place in large non-reactive bowl of ice-cold water for about 15 minutes. Drain well and spin dry. Toss with remaining slaw ingredients and set aside.
- In small pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for about 5-10 minutes until golden and caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble tacos, toast tortillas in dry skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle all with crema and place a fillet on each.
- Top with slaw, sprinkle on roasted corn, diced tomato, and diced onion, sprinkle with cotija cheese, smoked paprika, and chopped cilantro.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: