Mediterranean Mackerel Pasta
Seafood pasta made easy! Perfect for a delicious dinner when you’re short on time. Or bring to work in a cook-safe container, re-heat, and treat your taste buds to an amazing lunch!
2 cans King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained, oil reserved,
broken into large chunks
7 oz penne or bow-tie pasta
1 14.5-oz can of chopped tomatoes, any style, drained and juice reserved
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup sliced olives, any style
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 oz fresh arugula or spinach
Fresh parsley, optional
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the fish, drained tomatoes, onion, sliced olives, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and hold while cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- Just before adding sauce to pasta, add arugula to sauce.
- Add additional tomato juice from can for desired sauce consistency.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss to coat with mackerel sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
TRY THESE RECIPES
Get ready for the fusion of Asian flavors and the mild taste of North Atlantic mackerel. A delicious way to get your protein and omega-3s!
New potatoes, crunchy, fresh green beans, and mild mackerel. Easy to prepare and delicious served warm or cool!
Spice it up and take your taste buds south of the border for a fresh and filling, mackerel and jalapeño peppers taste adventure!