Seafood pasta made easy! Perfect for a delicious dinner when you’re short on time. Or bring to work in a cook-safe container, re-heat, and treat your taste buds to an amazing lunch!
2 cans King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained, oil reserved,
broken into large chunks
7 oz penne or bow-tie pasta
1 14.5-oz can of chopped tomatoes, any style, drained and juice reserved
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup sliced olives, any style
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 oz fresh arugula or spinach
Fresh parsley, optional
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Here's what you do...
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet and cook onions until soft and translucent.
- 2 Add the fish, drained tomatoes, onion, sliced olives, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3 Bring to a simmer and hold while cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- 4 Just before adding sauce to pasta, add arugula to sauce.
- 5 Add additional tomato juice from can for desired sauce consistency.
- 6 Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss to coat with mackerel sauce.
- 7 Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- 8 Serve immediately.