Everything you could want in a fish burger, only more because it’s made from His Majesty’s finest North Atlantic mackerel. Try it and tell us you customize it for your taste buds…we want to know!
3 cans King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained
1/4 cup sliced scallions
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1 cup panko or dry breadcrumbs (1/2 cup reserved for dredging)
2 tsp tartar sauce
3 tbsp canola or other cooking oil
4 ciabatta rolls or hamburger buns
Tartar sauce or other condiments as desired
Lettuce, tomato, other additions as desired
Here's what you do...
- 1 For fish burgers, combine all ingredients except cooking oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2 Divide fish mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty about 1/2” to 1” thick and 3” to 4” wide.
- 3 Dredge each patty in panko.
- 4 Heat cooking oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 5 Place 4 patties at a time in pan.
- 6 Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and heated through.
- 7 Spread sliced rolls with tartar sauce or other condiments, as desired. Assemble rolls, burgers, and desired additions.
- 8 Serve immediately. Serves 4.