Mackerel Fish Burger
Everything you could want in a fish burger, only more because it’s made from His Majesty’s finest North Atlantic mackerel. Try it and tell us you customize it for your taste buds…we want to know!
- 3 cans King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko or dry breadcrumbs (1/2 cup reserved for dredging)
- 2 tsp tartar sauce
- 3 tbsp canola or other cooking oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls or hamburger buns
- Tartar sauce or other condiments as desired
- Lettuce, tomato, other additions as desired
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- For fish burgers, combine all ingredients except cooking oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Divide fish mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty about 1/2” to 1” thick and 3” to 4” wide.
- Dredge each patty in panko.
- Heat cooking oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 4 patties at a time in pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and heated through.
- Spread sliced rolls with tartar sauce or other condiments, as desired. Assemble rolls, burgers, and desired additions.
- Serve immediately. Serves 4.
ROYAL HINTS Try the recipe using King Oscar Mackerel in Olive Oil and your favorite Cajun, Thai, Tex-Mex or other spices for endless world-taste sensations!
SHARE THIS RECIPE: