KO Tuna Melt
Your basic tuna melt just got royal-ized! Sourdough bread, oozing cheese, and premium tuna fillets – your taste buds will never go back.
- 1 jar King Oscar Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil Herbs De Provence (reserve oil)
- 2 slices artisan sourdough bread
- 1 slice fontina cheese
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 1 tbsp bread-and-butter pickle, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Whole grain mustard
- Butter, softened
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Place your rack on the highest position in the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Carefully drain most of the olive oil from tuna jar into small bowl and set aside. Pour remaining tuna and condiments into large mixing bowl. Pick out whole olives, chop into small pieces and add back into bowl. Add minced onions, celery, pickles, and chopped tarragon to bowl. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon juice. Toss mixture together until evenly distributed. Add reserved oil as needed to moisten tuna mixture.
- Arrange bread slices onto baking sheet. Smear bottom of bread slices with butter. Spread layer of mayo and whole grain mustard on top of bread slices. Add fontina cheese slice, then heap on your tuna mixture. Top with slice of cheddar cheese and diced tomato.
- Broil for 2-4 minutes, monitoring closely to avoid burning. Remove promptly when bread is browned and cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool one minute and serve.
SHARE THIS RECIPE:
TRY THESE RECIPES
An “ocean charcuterie” board like no other! Add King Oscar’s indulgent tuna fillets to your appetizer platter for a royal taste experience.
Decadently rich tuna flavor and totally dramatic presentation combine for a distinctive salad sure to impress taste buds and guests!
Sliders are go-to summer grill wonders. This seafood variation adds year-round rich flavors and cuts cook time with out-of-the jar convenience!