Calabrian-Style Pasta with Tuna & Olives
In southern Italy, they like to spice it up! This Calabrian-style seafood pasta will add some warm Mediterranean flavors to your culinary repertoire!
- 1 jar King Oscar Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Green Olives
- 1/2 lb pasta, your favorite variety
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tsp Calabrian red chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Bring large pot of water to rapid boil, season with salt and add your pasta. Cook according to package directions to al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, but not brown, about 30 seconds. Pour entire contents of King Oscar Tuna jar including EVOO directly into skillet, along with sliced olives, red pepper flakes to taste and lemon juice, and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and toss into skillet, gently stirring in tuna mixture until well coated. Use reserved pasta water to thin as needed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese (purists say no cheese with seafood pasta but His Majesty loves it anyway), serve.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: