Eggplant & Anchovy Mini Pizzas
Looking for a gluten-free, lower-carb, flavor-packed appetizer or snack? These simple eggplant mini pizzas go big on savory taste!
- 1 can King Oscar Anchovies, drained
- 2 medium eggplants, approximately 3” diameter, ends removed, cut into 1/2” slices
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Arrange eggplant slices in single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Embed pieces of garlic into each eggplant slice. Brush slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 15-25 minutes in middle of oven, or until eggplant has browned. Remove eggplant and set oven to broil while constructing the pizzas.
- Spread thin layer of tomato sauce on each eggplant slice, sprinkle with dried herbs, to taste. Criss-cross a pair of anchovies over each pizza, then sprinkle each with mozzarella.
- Place pan under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until mozzarella has bubbled and browned. Monitor closely to avoid burning. Remove, then garnish pizzas with chopped fresh basil or parsley. Serve immediately.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: