Royal Niçoise Salad
Fresh from the Royal Kitchen, this is King Oscar’s take on the French bistro classic! Packing nutritious protein, rich flavors, and a tangy dressing, this salad makes the perfect, tasty light meal.
- 1 jar King Oscar Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Green Olives (reserve jar and oil for dressing)
- 2 heads of little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup radishes, halved
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 3 large organic hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- Reserved oil from tuna jar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Pour the contents of the tuna jar into a small bowl. Carefully pour the olive oil back into the jar. Set aside tuna fillets, olives, and peppers for salad assembly.
- Make the dressing. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper into the jar. Close the lid tightly and shake until dressing is emulsified. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the salad. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water until completely submerged about an inch, season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer, until just fork-tender, about 5-10 minutes (longer if not tender). Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Remove eggs from water and immediately drop them into an ice bath to cool. Once cooled, peel eggs (helps to run them under cool running water), set aside, and slice in half just before assembly.
- Refill saucepan with water, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Drop in trimmed haricots verts and blanch until bright green and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and drop into an ice bath immediately until cooled. Drain and pat dry, set aside.
- Trim bottom stem off lettuce heads and remove any wilted outer leaves. Separate leaves and wash thoroughly in cold water, spin dry. Assemble on serving platter.
- Arrange tuna fillets, potatoes, halved boiled eggs, haricots verts, tomatoes, radishes, fennel, red onions, and olives onto lettuce. Drizzle with salad dressing and garnish with chopped chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SHARE THIS RECIPE:
TRY THESE RECIPES
An “ocean charcuterie” board like no other! Add King Oscar’s indulgent tuna fillets to your appetizer platter for a royal taste experience.
Decadently rich tuna flavor and totally dramatic presentation combine for a distinctive salad sure to impress taste buds and guests!
Sliders are go-to summer grill wonders. This seafood variation adds year-round rich flavors and cuts cook time with out-of-the jar convenience!