Sure, you love anchovies on pizza. Now get ready to adore them on toast! This easy recipe makes the perfect snack or seafood appetizer.
- 1 can King Oscar Anchovy Fillets, drained
- 4 thick slices whole-grain bread with crust
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO...
- Using a fork, mash the anchovies in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the mustard, 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Add to the anchovies, mix until a paste has formed. Set aside.
- Sauté walnuts in 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes.
- Toast the bread, spread each slice with the anchovy mixture, cut in quarters
- Top with toasted walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
ROYAL HINTS Decorate with whole capers and fresh mint leaves.
SHARE THIS RECIPE: