Comfort food with a Norwegian twist. The Cracked Pepper Sardines give this recipe delicious, aromatic punch. But you can also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean Style, or Mustard Sardines to suit your taste.
1 can King Oscar Sardines with Cracked Pepper
1-1/2 pounds yellow and red potatoes
1 cup fresh peas
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
2 tbsp salted capers, well rinsed and drained
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Cracked pepper reserved from can
1/4 cup olive oil, including oil reserved from can
Juice of one lemon
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
Here's what you do...
- 1 Cook potatoes until tender. Drain and let cool enough to handle.
- 2 Peel and cube potatoes, place into mixing bowl.
- 3 Add the peas, onion, olives, capers, parsley, red pepper, and cracked pepper.
- 4 Pour in oil, lemon juice and vinegar. Season to taste with salt
- 5 Toss gently.
- 6 Transfer to serving dish.
- 7 Add sardines, let sit for 30 minutes, serve at room temperature.