Everything you could want in a fish burger, only more because it’s made from His Majesty’s finest North Atlantic mackerel. Try it and tell us you customize it for your taste buds…we want to know!
3 cans King Oscar Mackerel Mediterranean Style, drained
1/4 cup sliced scallions
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1 cup panko or dry breadcrumbs (1/2 cup reserved for dredging)
2 tsp tartar sauce
3 tbsp canola or other cooking oil
4 ciabatta rolls or hamburger buns
Tartar sauce or other condiments as desired
Lettuce, tomato, other additions as desired
Here's what you do...
- 1 Using a fork, mash the anchovies in a small bowl.
- 2 In another small bowl, whisk together the mustard, 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, pepper, and minced garlic.
- 3 Add to the anchovies, mix until a paste has formed. Set aside.
- 4 Sauté walnuts in 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes.
- 5 Toast the bread, spread each slice with the anchovy mixture, cut in quarters.
- 6 Top with toasted walnuts.
- 7 Serve immediately.