Sure, you love anchovies on pizza. Now get ready to adore them on toast! This easy recipe makes the perfect snack or seafood appetizer.
1 can King Oscar Anchovy Fillets, drained
4 thick slices whole-grain bread with crust
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Here's what you do...
- 1 Using a fork, mash the anchovies in a small bowl.
- 2 In another small bowl, whisk together the mustard, 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, pepper, and minced garlic.
- 3 Add to the anchovies, mix until a paste has formed. Set aside.
- 4 Sauté walnuts in 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes.
- 5 Toast the bread, spread each slice with the anchovy mixture, cut in quarters
- 6 Top with toasted walnuts.
- 7 Serve immediately.